If you own a Keurig 2.0 coffee maker, then you must face issues such as water under pressure. This can be really frustrating, but don’t worry, we will guide you on how to resolve this issue in the article. We’ll share the step-by-step process to help you fix the issue and make your Keurig 2.0 machine work again if your keurig 2.0 not working.
Why is the water under pressure issue happening with your machine?
Basically, there is a needle in your machine that sometimes cracks or punctures the top of the pod. This usually makes the hot water pass through the capsule and goes to your cup. The coffee grounds generally get stuck in or around the needle and gradually become dry and tough.
This is especially possible if you do not clean your pods immediately after brewing. As a result of this, the coffee grounds start to block the flow of water pressure, and your machine starts showing the errors of water under pressure.
How To Clean The Keurig 2.0 Needles
A clogged needle can disappoint you by disrupting the water flow and can lead to errors in the flow of water under pressure, which is not really a good thing because if you own something (not only a Keurig machine), then you must take care of that.
So don’t worry, we will guide you on cleaning the needle of your Keurig 2.0 in simple steps with the help of a cleaning tool provided by your Keurig 2.0 machine when you first brought it.
Start the process of cleaning the needle of the Keurig 2.0 machine:-
First, for safety purposes, you need to turn off your Keurig machine and unplug it from the power supply.
Locate the needle, which is a little puncturing mechanism placed on the machine’s top.
Now use the tool that Keurig has provided, the tool is specifically designed for this purpose. Insert the cleaning tool into the needle and gently rotate it back and forth to clear out any debris or coffee grounds that may be obstructing it.
Be very careful when cleaning the needle to avoid damage. Remember to clean both the entrance and exit points of the needle.
After cleaning the needle, wipe it with a clean and dry towel to remove any leftovers or moisture.
Reassemble the machine by correctly reattaching all removable parts.
Now, to check that your machine is working properly, plug it into the power supply and start the machine. If the water flows properly without any interruptions, then the machine is ready to brew the coffee again.
How To Clean Out The Needle With A Paperclip
If the cleaning tool method doesn’t work, then don’t worry, we have other methods as well that will definitely work for you. This method needs a paperclip, and it is a simple and effective method. Follow these simple steps to clean the needle:-
Make sure your Keurig machine is turned off and unplugged from the power socket, for safety purposes.
Take a paperclip and make it straight like a wire
Insert the paperclip into the needle’s entrance point and gently rotate it back and forth to clear out any debris or coffee grounds that may be clogging the needle. to it gently to avoid any damage.
Clean the needle on both sides, entrance and exit, to ensure it is fully clean. After cleaning, wipe the needle with a clean cloth or towel to remove any leftovers or moisture.
Once you have cleaned the needle, resemble the machine and plug it in to check. If the message “water under pressure” has gone, then your machine is ready to brew coffee again.
Make sure to start the machine initially and let some water flow through it to clean the remaining coffee grind.
Other ways To Fix Water Under Pressure
There are many other ways that you can attempt to fix the “water under pressure” issue; one of them is:
Descale the Machine
Descaling your Keurig 2.0 machine is necessary maintenance work because it helps in the removal of mineral deposits and scale retention within the machine. Water minerals can collect and block internal components over time, resulting in low water pressure. To effectively descale your Keurig 2.0 machine, follow these steps:
1. You need to Purchase a commercial descaling solution that is specifically designed for coffee machines. For any reason, if you cannot buy the solution, you can make it by mixing equal parts of white vinegar and water.
2. Turn off your machine and unplug it from the power socket for safety reasons. After that, remove the water reservoir from the machine and empty it if any remaining water is there.
3. Now mix the descaling solution according to the package directions. But if using vinegar, remember to dilute it with an equal amount of water. Fill the reservoir with the solution.
4. Place a large cup or container on the drip tray to catch the descaling solution.
5. Reinstall the water reservoir in the machine. Turn on the machine and start the brewing process without inserting the K-cup. Select the biggest cup size for the brew to pass through the machine.
6. Run multiple brewing processes to pass the descaling solution through the machine. The mineral deposits and scale accumulation will be dissolved. Continue brewing until the water reservoir is completely drained. Remove the liquid from the mug.
7. After the descaling process, turn the machine off and leave it for 30 minutes. This permits the descaling solution to act on any leftover deposits.
8. Now fill the water reservoir with clean, fresh water and run the brewing process multiple times with only water to rinse off any residual descaling solution from the internal components.
9. You can clean all the removal parts until the machine is rinsing, such as the water reservoir, drip tray, and K-cup holder, with warm water.
10. After properly rinsing the machine, perform several brewing cycles with simple water to ensure that all traces of the descaling solution are removed.
11. Finally, assemble all the removal parts properly, plug in your Keurig 2.0 machine, and run a test brew with a K-cup to check if the water pressure problem has been fixed.
It is really frustrating to have the issue of water under pressure in your Keurig 2.0 machine. Without going anywhere else to repair the machine, you can repair it on your own by following the cleaning process that we have shared above.
If you are reading this, it means you have gone through our article and liked it. I hope your problem of keurig 2.0 water under pressure fix and you are enjoying a cup of coffee.
Thanks for reading.