If you are facing a problem with your Nespresso Inissia not pumping water, then don’t worry; you are in the right place. Here in this article, you’ll get to know why this problem occurs and the possible solution to fix it without going anywhere in the market.
How Do I Fix My Nespresso Inissia Not Pumping Water?
If your Nespresso Inissia is not pumping water, it may be blocked. To fix this issue, you need to manually force water into the machine with the help of a turkey baster, a straw, or a syringe. If it fails to work, you can try blowing into a tube connected to the machine. If it continues to fail, descaling the machine may help.
Also, check to see if there are any issues with the spring in the water tank that could be preventing water flow. If required, clean it with white vinegar and replace the tank.
If any of the methods don’t work, it may be that the water pump has some fault; in this case, you need to contact Nespresso customer service.
To prevent the machine from failing to pump water in the future, when brewing, always maintain some water in the tank and descale the machine every three months.
Let’s get into more information below!
Your Inissia Might Be Clogged
Your coffee maker might be blocked. This occurs when you use it consistently but do not clean it frequently. When you try to prepare coffee with insufficient water, air might become trapped within.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Fill the water container halfway.
- Take some water from the container using a tool such as a turkey baster.
- Place the turkey baster on the suction port that draws water into the coffee machine.
- Click the button to start brewing the coffee. Simultaneously, twist the turkey baster to force the water inside the machine.
You can use a syringe or a straw instead If you do not have a turkey baster,
If this doesn’t work, try this little variation:
- Remove the water container.
- Attach a tube to the section of the machine that absorbs water. The tube should be a good fit.
- Fill the tube halfway with water.
- Blow into the tube’s opposite end.
A zip-lock bag is another method for forcing water down your Nespresso Inissia. Check out this video for more information on that method:
Your Inissia Needs To Be Descaled
Even after unblocking the Nespresso inissia, there may still be scales and deposits of minerals in the machine. To remove them, you need to descale your machine:
Here are the steps to descale your Nespresso Inissia machine.
1. Begin by prepping the machine:
- Turn your Inissia machine on
- Check to ensure that there are no capsules in the machine.
- Remove the capsules and the drip tray.
- Place a container with a capacity of up to 1 liter beneath the coffee outlet.
2. Make the descaling solution:
- Fill the 500 ml water tank halfway with water, then add the Nespresso descaling solution.
3. Activate the descaling mode:
- Wait until both buttons on your machine stop blinking.
- Then, for three seconds, push both buttons together.
- The machine’s lights will begin to flash rapidly, This means that the descaling mode is on.
4. Begin the descaling process
- To start the descaling, click the “Luna” button
- Refill the water tank with the used solution after it’s completed.
- Click the “Lungo” button again to allow all of the descaling liquid to flow into the machine once again.
5. Wash the machine:
- Drain the water tank and thoroughly clean it out.
- Fill the water tank with fresh water.
- To entirely drain the water tank, use the “Lungo” button, Thus, the machine is rinsed.
- Lastly, rinse and drain the drip tray.
6. Leave the descaling mode
- To leave the descaling mode, click both buttons together for three seconds.
- During the pre-heating process, wait around 25 seconds for the buttons to flash.
All of the remaining scales and deposits of minerals in your Nespresso Inissia should now be removed, It enhances the flow of water and the flavour of your coffee.
Problems With The Spring In The Water Tank
At the base of the water tank is a spring-loaded water port, intended to prevent leaking when the tank is removed while allowing water flow when correctly positioned on the machine.
This spring can occasionally get obstructed, blocked, or perhaps completely broken, as a result of which your water flow will be hampered
In order to fix this issue, To begin, remove the water tank and check the spring. You may detect white deposits of minerals that hinder the spring from freely flowing. This limitation may obstruct the flow of water entering the machine.
You can make the best cleaning solution with the help of white vinegar. Its acidic characteristics help in the removal of limescale buildup. Therefore, any possible obstructions are removed, and the flow of water is restored.
For cleaning the spring, Turn the water tank upside down and drop a small quantity of vinegar into the water port. Tap down on the spring a few times to make sure that the vinegar goes throughout. Before washing the water tank with water, Allow it to cool down for around 30 minutes.
But if an inspection reveals that the spring is broken or has split in half, A simple cleaning will not be enough. In this situation, the water tank must be replaced.
MY Inissia Is Still Not Pumping Water
If, after following all the solutions mentioned in the article, the problem of the Nespresso Inissia not pumping water continues, then the pump of your machine is broken.
In this situation, the best thing to do is contact the customer service department, and they will let you know what you have to do next.
How to Fix an Inissia That Isn’t Pumping Water
To make your machine work properly, or if you don’t want your machine to stop pumping water, there are several important precautions you should take.
The very first thing you should make sure of is that there is already some water in the water tank while you are preparing your coffee. If the water tank gets empty, instead of water, air might be pulled into the machine. This will cause the air bubble to get blocked in the tube, which will cause blockage.
Because of this, the flow of water is disrupted, So always remember that the water tank is not empty while you are brewing the coffee.
The second thing you can do is descale your machine regularly to prevent the Nespresso Inissia not pumping water issue.
If you are facing an issue in which your Nespresso Inissia has stopped pumping water, it’s basically because of a blockage in the tube, mineral buildup, or there might be an issue with the water tank or pump.
Maintaining your machine regularly by descaling or cleaning it may keep your machine away from all these issues.