If you own a Nespresso Vertuo, you may have noticed that the button goes half red and half yellow. This can be really annoying, especially when you want a cup of coffee.
In this article, we’ll discuss the issue of the Nespresso Vertuo red and yellow light problem and give you all the possible solutions to solve this issue.
How Do I Repair The Nespresso Red And Yellow Lights?
The half red and half yellow lights that display on your Nespresso Vertuo Plus machine indicate that your machine needs descaling.
To solve the problem, you need to descale your machine with the help of Nespresso’s descaling solution and also run a cleaning cycle. If the light stays on, attempt to reset the machine by following the instructions given below.
If the issue remains, For further information or to file a warranty claim, contact Nespresso Customer Service.
DESCALE YOUR NESPRESSO VERTUO PLUS MACHINE
The very first thing you need to do is descale your Nespresso machine because the half-red/half-yellow light indicates that your machine needs to be descaled. After descaling your machine, if the lights remain on then you can skip this section and read what to do next by scrolling down.
- Descaling solution for Nespresso
- A jug for measuring (with a minimum capacity of 1L)
- A huge container or bowl in which to collect the water and solution
- Fresh water
Prepare The Descaling Solution And Clean The Machine
- Open the packet of Nespresso descaling solution.
- Pour the whole solution from the package into the machine’s water tank.
- Fill the water tank with at least 500 ml of water (up to 650 ml for added safety).
- Now take out the drip tray and capsule holder and then both should be completely cleaned
- Ascertain that there is no capsule within the machine.
- Now turn the machine off by pressing the power button for 3 seconds
Enter Decaling Mode And Run The Descaling Process
- Hold down both buttons on the machine’s top for three seconds, or until the orange light turns on and remains firm.
- To enter descaling mode, press the button once, and the light will begin to blink.
- Under the machine, place a big container or vessel to collect the water and solution.
- To begin the descaling process, press the top button once.
- Allow the procedure to finish; all of the descaling solution must be used. (Approximately 7-8 minutes).
Start the cleaning cycle and exit the descaling mode
- Remove the used descaling solution.
- Refill the water tank with fresh water after cleaning the tank.
- Hit the button again to begin the cleaning process, allowing all of the water to go through.
- To leave the descaling mode, hold down both buttons for 3 seconds.
- Leave the machine to cool for 10 minutes.
- Refill the water tank with clean water, and your machine is ready to use.
Reset Your Nespresso Vertuo Plus
Even after the descaling process, if the light is still half red and half yellow, in this situation, you can reset your Nespresso machine. Here’s how to reset your Nespresso machine.
- Turn the machine on
- Hold down the lever on the machine’s front until the green light goes out.
- Simply press and hold the machine’s top button while simultaneously pressing down on the lever. Hold both for 5 seconds.
- The light on the machine must become solid orange.
- Three times down the lever. The light should begin to flicker orange.
- Once, press the top of the machine’s button.
- Once the reset procedure is complete, the light will blink orange three times before returning to a steady green.
- You may now brew your coffee as normal by inserting a coffee capsule.
THE LAST THING YOU COULD TRY
After resetting and descaling, your machine should be working again as normal, and the Nespresso red and yellow lights should be off. but in some cases, however, the lights remain on even after descaling and resetting the machine. In this case, you need to contact Nespresso customer support, they may guide you over the phone on how to fix this issue, or if your machine is under warranty, it can be replaced.
If you want your machine to work properly, then regular maintenance is needed.
What Happens If You Ignore The Light And Do Not Descale Your Nespresso For A While?
If you don’t descale your machine for a long time or neglect the Nespresso red and yellow lights , then limescale, or deposits of minerals from water, will accumulate within the machine. This could have some negative effects on your machine, such as slowing down the water flow and ruin the temperature. This results in longer brewing cycles, irregular coffee extraction, and poor flavour.
Additionally, the buildup of lime scale can block internal components such as brewing chamber, water pump, and heating element as a result, the machine will stop operating
So it’s very important for you to descale your machine regularly; otherwise, the internal components of your machine will be damaged and will require a lot of money to repair it.
Whenever you see Nespresso red and yellow lights glowing on your machine, you don’t need to worry about this, it’s just an indication to descale your machine. However, we have provided some more solutions to the problem if these lights don’t go off even after descaling.
I hope this information was useful in resolving your issue.